Ketosis is one of the most popular topics in weight loss and dieting. In order to get you pumped up for the rest of this article lets be reminded of what ketosis is and the key benefits of reaching ketosis:
Ketosis is the metabolic process of using fat as the primary source of energy instead of carbs. This means your body is directly breaking down its storages of fat as energy instead of slowly converting fat and muscle cells into glucose (carbs/carbohydrates) for energy. You enter ketosis when your body doesn’t have enough glucose available. The primary function of the ketogenic diet is to put the body in ketosis.
Benefits of Ketosis
Your Fat Burning Rate Increases
- Fat becomes the source fuel for energy instead of carbs
- Your body transitions into an extremely fast fat-burning state
Your Hunger Levels Become Reduced
- This is possible because the keto diet is high in fat, fiber and protein
- Your hunger signals won’t be bugging you as much as it normally does
Your Blood Sugar Becomes Stabilized
- Occurs from eating good sources of protein, veggies and fat
- Leads to avoiding sugar spikes caused by a heavy carb diet
Doesn’t it all sound amazing? Unfortunately it isn’t something you can do overnight. Reaching ketosis requires dedication, a strong mindset and being responsible, so you won’t be able to do things your own way. However, once you reach ketosis, you’ll feel relieved and feel like an expert by understanding the keto diet in a deeper level.
And without further ado, let’s carry on as to how to reach ketosis:
This will be the first and most important thing you’re going to need to accomplish. This is how you will get the path to lead your way to reaching ketosis. Glucose is the enemy of ketosis and you won’t be able to reach ketosis with glucose in supply. And to lower the glucose you’ll need to limit the carbohydrates intake to 20g to 30g max on a daily basis.
These are some examples of high-carb foods you should be eliminating:
- Processed grains
- Sugary beverages
- Any other sources of refined sugar
You’ll also want to be cutting down on your intake of carbs that are even whole foods-based, such as:
- Whole grains
- Potatoes and other starchy vegetables
Monitoring Your Consumption Of Proteins
The second thing you’re going to do need to do is keeping the protein intake at 25% of of your daily calorie intake. Otherwise, if you consume too much protein your body might convert the excess protein into glucose and you lead yourself back to the beginning (step 1), and won’t be able to reach ketosis that way.
Incorporating Fat Into Your Diet
While hearing fat may occasionally frighten your nerves, it’s important to know that they aren’t bad. Despite all of the negative opinions that surround that topic, it isn’t the case in reaching ketosis. The keto diet focuses on getting you to consume healthy fats found in the avocados, olive oil, nuts etc.
Incorporating Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is the process in which you set an 8 hour timeout during the day and you only eat in that time period. You shouldn’t be eating anything in the other 16 hours.
Keeping a healthy diet is good. But, you also need some exercise! Add in some exercise in order to deplete the glycogen stores faster. And once you’ve achieved this your body will start converting the fat into energy. This will speed up the process entering into ketosis!
Exogenous ketones are supplements, which can help you reach ketosis faster. By consuming these you’re telling the body to start using ketones as the main energy source.
You may want to look into the Purefit KETO – Advanced Weight Loss (Dietary Supplement). What makes it unique is that Purefit KETO is a supplement that allows the body to begin converting into a state of nutritional ketosis. Featuring a special blend of ingredients, Purefit KETO is a safe and simple way to achieve ketosis without the negative side effects of a typical ketogenic diet.
For example, this forces your body to burn fat for energy (the traditional diet), instead of carbs (the ketosis diet). Purefit KETO is all over the Internet and the results are astonishing. Click here to read the customer reviews and find out more about it (or click below) SHOW ME MORE
(Note: You can issue a full refund if this has not worked out for you)
Related: Top 10 Fruits To Burn Fat Fast
Knowing When You Reached Ketosis
When you reach ketosis, you’ll begin to notice yourself losing weight fast afterwards. Why, you ask? Remember how we mentioned that fat becomes the body’s main source of fuel for energy, instead of carbs? This is the point when your body transitions into the extremely fast fat burning state.
Just like that.
Monitoring Your Ketone Levels
Using Urine Testing Strips
- Package instructions might vary slightly, but generally after around 45-60 seconds you should be able to see the color that indicates the measure of ketones in the urine.
- These are going to help you uncover the number of ketones for you.
Monitoring Your Blood Glucose Levels
- You can use a blood glucose meter to test for levels of the ketone BHB. Since there are very few factors that alter results found through this method, it’s an accurate way to measure levels. It is more pricy, however, at about $5-$10 for each test.
- With this, you do have to prick your finger, but it gives an accurate reading of ketones in your blood. However, the blood strips are a little pricey if you run out and need more, but it’s reassuring knowing your ketone levels.
Aside from these tests, there are certain changes you’ll be able to notice once you’re in ketosis.
- Once you’re in ketosis your body produces acetone. This acetone has to be eliminated and a part of it gets excreted with your breath. This is not for a long period, but you’ll sure feel uncomfortable.
- When you’re in ketosis you’re also going to notice increased urination. This happens because of a ketone known as acetoacetate. And given the fact that you consume more water increased urination is a must!
Reduced Hunger Levels and Increased Energy
- And the easiest way to tell if you’re into ketosis, and one of the best ways is increased energy and not feeling hunger as often as before!